Saturday, September 15, 2012

SDAIE Strategy

A SDAIE strategy I have incorporated into my
classroom this week is working in homogeneous groups. Homogeneous grouping is the grouping of students that are alike. As I worked with my ELLs I placed learners together. The learners I places together are all at different levels. Some of my ELLs were at level 2 and others at level 4. Together they were able to collaborate. Working together eliminated the resistance I have seen to work in groups in the past. My ELLs were able to complete the task in a timely manner. Other groups of students were also places in homogeneous groups. As long as students were not distracted by their friends, they were able to accomplish a fair amount. The groups completed the assignment at varying times. I was able to give the early groups an assignment to keep them mentally occupied. Over all applying the SDAIE strategy, Group Work, was a successful integration into classroom progress as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment