Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What is Brain-Based Learning?



     Florida Education Association addresses students do not need to spend more than 10-20% in random social groupings. Principle Strategy Number Two addresses student’s needs to engage in productive relationships. Students are given over 10% of their day to interact with peers in an unconstructive manner during lunch, before school, after school, and at breaks. This time is important, but too much of this kind of time could be destructive to their academic development. Poor social development results in fewer brain cells.
As a teacher, I plan to apply this teaching strategy to constructively use student’s time. I plan to keep students engaged in content and/or personal development. Some students might benefit from time to engage with one another or time to interact with me personally. Once I foster relationships with students by listening to them and their needs, they will be more likely to listen to me and what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment